How to prepare for the SSC MTS Exam as a Beginner?
Aspirants who are planning to appear for SSC MTS must follow preparation tips in order to score well in the exam. It is very important for all the appearing candidates to maintain a proper study plan.
In this article, we have discussed the preparation strategy for the SSC MTS Exam. These strategies will guide you towards your exam preparation in an effective manner. First, let’s have a look at the SSC MTS Exam Pattern given below:
The SSC MTS Exam consists of two Papers as mentioned below.
Paper-1: Objective Type, 100 Marks
There are four sections in Paper-1
- General Awareness (25 Marks)
- Numerical Aptitude (25 Marks)
- English (25 Marks)
- Reasoning (25 Marks)
- The time duration for Paper-I is 1.5 hours (90 minutes) & 2 hours (120 minutes) for visually handicapped candidates.
- There will be negative marks of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- The questions will be set both in English & Hindi.
Paper-2: Descriptive Type, 50 marks
- Paper-II will be descriptive, in which the candidate will be required to write a short essay/letter in English or any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.
- The time duration for Paper II is 30 minutes & 45 minutes for VH Candidates.
Note: Paper-II will only be of qualifying nature.
The first and foremost thing for the SSC MTS preparation is to know the SSC MTS Syllabus. Knowing the syllabus will let you know the important topics for the exam so that you can get the time for preparation.
The General English section is considered as one of the easiest sections of the SSC MTS Exam in which you can score good marks by following the tips given below:
- Reading is the key to understanding English better.
- Make newspaper reading a part of your daily routine.
- Your focus should be more on Vocabulary and Grammar.
Important Topics in English for SSC MTS
- Error Detection
- Para Jumbles
- Idiom Phrases
- Spelling check
- Antonym and Synonym
- Cloze Test
- One Word substitution
In the General Intelligence and Reasoning section, the questions will be of verbal and non-verbal types.
Candidates can score high marks in this section by practicing more questions on the below-mentioned topics:
- Similarities and differences
- Visual Memory
- Decision Making
- Non-verbal Series
- Arithmetic Series
- Figure Classification
The General Awareness section covers the vast syllabus.
- Questions will be based on current affairs, so make sure you are thorough in this section.
- Only answer the questions you are confident about in this section.
- Focus more on General Science in this section to score good marks.
- The focus should be on the below-mentioned topics:
- India and its Neighbouring Countries
- Scientific Research
- Indian Constitution
- General Politics
In the Numerical Aptitude section, any candidate with basic knowledge of numbers can clear this section easily.
You should not spend a lot of time thinking about a question as you have limited time.
This section takes the most amount of time in the exam, so candidates are advised to attempt this at the end to avoid the incompleteness of the paper.
- Number System
- Profit and Loss
- Tables and Graphs
- Decimals and Fractions
- Relationship between Numbers
- Time and Distance / Ratio / Time and Work.
Practice more previous question papers. This will help you to quickly solve the problem.
Check the SSC MTS cut-off criteria and prepare accordingly for the upcoming exam.
Give more and more SSC MTS Mock Tests. You can take BYJU’S Exam Prep. mock test series for SSC MTS
In the SSC MTS Exam, this section will test the candidate’s language skills.
Aspirants will be asked to write one short essay and a letter in English or any other language included in the 8th schedule of the Indian Constitution. So start working on your preferred language skill from day one of your preparation.
Practice daily essay or letter writing once when you get bored while studying other subjects of the SSC MTS Exam. This will definitely help you improve your writing skill.
Key things to remember while preparing for SSC MTS:-
- Give more priority to important topics.
- Read News Articles Related to the exam.
- Make a regular Time Table for your exam preparation.
- Revise all the important topics many times
- Give an Online Mock Test on a Regular Basis.
- No exam is tough until you decide to crack this with full dedication & hard work.
Stay Connected with our education blogs & Write for us.