Solve QuickBooks Error 3371 in Easy Steps
QuickBooks is accounting software that helps small or medium businesses to handle their bookkeeping and financial activity. Many users of QuickBooks has complained about some error which they face while working and there is one of the error we discuss in this article is QuickBooks error 3371. Read the whole article to know the causes and how to resolve QuickBooks error 3371.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371
When the user re-configures the desktop or sets up the company file of QuickBooks for the first time, then this error will appear on your system. And when the Entitlement DataStore.emcl file got damaged and corrupted that have the license properties of QuickBooks Desktop. When this error appears on your software then you will receive an error message like-
“[Error 3371, StatusCode -11118]: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
For troubleshooting steps, note the error and type the following in a web browser windows:
Or the error you may also receive when the user tries to activate or open QuickBooks Desktop then you will receive like-
“Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged file”.
“Could not initiate license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged file”.
Symptoms of Error 3371 of QuickBooks
To identify QuickBooks error 3371 there are so many symptoms that help to know. So that, according to the symptoms follow the methods to resolve QuickBooks error 3371:-
- When you open your system it may be hanged or might be crashed somehow.
- You may get notifications from mysterious HTML files.
- If the users are unable to open the QuickBooks company files.
- When at the time of cloning process from C:\ drive to another hard disk.
- Make sure that your window is updated to the latest version.
- It may due to the corrupted windows operating system.
- WebConnect Users may face issues when they open the file before saving it with the right networks and QuickBooks Enterprise. So that, the user has to save the company file first before importing. QBO file.
Methods to resolve QuickBooks Error 3371
There are many different methods to resolve QuickBooks error 3371. According to your issues, you can use any methods to resolve it just follow the steps correctly:-
Method 1- Turn-off Running Applications
- Firstly, you have to close the QuickBooks.
- Then close all the other running QuickBooks processes.
- Open the Run windows and type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) and then tap OK.
- Now open the task manager for the above steps.
- Find QBW32.EXE instance in the processes tab.
- After that, choose them and click on End Task.
- At last, remove EntitlementDataStore.ECML file and then open the company file and register it.
Method 2- Ecml File Remove
- Firstly, press and hold Windows +R key together.
- Now, the Run window will open on your software screen, and then you have to copy or paste it at C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- Then, search window explorer as the next location.
- After that, remove the ECML file, then right-click on the delete option.
- After that, close the Window option.
- At last, run the QuickBooks and register the product.
Method 3- Rename the Entitlement file
Window XP users:
- Click on the Start tab and choose the Run box.
- Then, click on the tab to check the “Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: Documents and settings AllUserApplication DataIntuitEntitlemeny Clientv2”.
- After that, click on the OK button.
- Now, you will rename the Entitlementdatastore.ecml file.
Window 7, 8:
- Firstly, go to the C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv.
- Then, rename the Entitlement file.
- Now, open the QuickBooks and create the new files automatically.
- Follow some steps to unhide the program data folder.
- Go to computer > select organize > choose folder > search options.
- After that, click on the Hidden files and folder option.
- Now, open QuickBooks and verify the error occurred.
- First of all, click on the start tab, and select the control panel.
- Then go to the Appearance and Personalization and then select File Explorer Option.
- Click on the View tab.
- Now, alter the Hidden files and folder setting to click on show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- That is optionally to uncheck the Hide-protected operating system files box.
- After that, click on the Apply button.
Method 4- Clean Installation Of Windows and QuickBooks
- Install the latest released window.
- Now, click on the All program tab and then windows update.
- Then, to finish the upgrade of all window updates and then ready to set up the QuickBooks software.
- Repair the damaged entitlementdatastore.ecml file and then resolve the license and the registration issues.
- At last, click on reinstall and carry out a clean installation.
Method 5- Update Windows Operating System
Your latest version of QuickBooks is unable to work if you don’t have the latest window file. If the QuickBooks error 3371 will appear then you have to diagnose operating system is updated or not by QuickBooks Connection Diagnose Tool. if ‘NO’ will occur on the system screen then follow the below steps:
- Firstly, click on the Windows tab and tap on the start menu icon.
- Go to click on All Program.
- Then, click on the Window Update option.
- At last, wait until the system is updated.
In this article, we discuss the methods to resolve QuickBooks Error 3371. I hope this article will be helpful for you and follow all the steps to resolve this error. If you have any other issues then visit our other articles also to resolve all issues