What is Quickbooks Error PS033?
QuickBooks handles business payroll very well, thanks to Intuit’s frequent updates. These updates fix bugs and issues in the software while also adding new tools to the tray. However, when downloading payroll updates from the internet, some users encounter QuickBooks Error PS033.
This error usually occurs when there is a damaged file in the CPS folder. As a result, the most recent payroll updates cannot be downloaded, and the company file cannot be opened.
In this article, we will delve deep into the Quickbooks payroll update errors, it’s causes and the possible solutions to resolve such an error.
QuickBooks Error PS033: Meaning
When you try to download a payroll update for a company file, you get the following error message:
QuickBooks error ps033 code: Quickbooks is unable to read your payroll setup files, Or
The error code PS033 is caused by a damaged file in the CPS folder.
Causes of QuickBooks Error PS033
The following are some of the most common causes of QuickBooks error ps033:
- The payroll subscription was not activated.
- There is more than one active payroll under an inactive direct deposit agreement.
- The QB data has been corrupted.
- QuickBooks’s version is out of date.
- Invalid or incorrect Employer Identification Number.
- Invalid or incorrect Service Key
- Quickbooks desktop and the correct window version are incompatible.
- a corrupted ini Quickbooks desktop file
- If the status on Quickbooks desktop is Invalid number or EIN
Please keep in mind that even if your payroll subscription is deactivated, errors may still occur.
Possible Solutions to Resolve Quickbooks Error PS033
To resolve quickbooks error ps033, follow the below-mentioned steps:
Solution 1: Get the most recent payroll tax table
If you receive the error message when attempting to open your company file, try updating to the most recent tax table and payroll update by following the steps outlined below.
- Select the Employees tab in QuickBooks.
- Select the Get Payroll Updates option, then click the Download entire payroll update button.
- Finally, press the Update button
Solution 2: Make a change to the name of the QuickBooks CPS Folder
If your CPS folder contains one or more corrupted files, you can rename it so that QuickBooks creates a new, clean folder with no damaged files.
- Close QuickBooks and visit C: \ Program Files\ Intuit \ QuickBooks 20XX\ Components \ Payroll \ CPS.
- By right-clicking on the CPS folder, you can rename it.
- To save the changes, clear the name and type CPSGHJ, then press the Enter key.
- Reopen QuickBooks and attempt to download the payroll updates.
Solution 3: QuickBooks Desktop Application Updated
Quickbooks error ps033 can also be caused by an out-of-date version of QuickBooks. To download the updates for your QB application, follow the steps outlined below:
- QuickBooks and your company file should be shut down.
- Navigate to the Desktop and right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Go to the Help menu after selecting Run as administrator.
- Select the option to Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select the Mark All option from the Options tab, then click the Save button.
- Navigate to the Update Now tab and check the Reset Updates box.
- Select Get Updates, and then close and reopen QuickBooks once the update has finished downloading.
- To install the updates, select Yes on the installation prompt.
- After the updates have been installed, restart your system.
Solution 4: Disable the UAC settings
When a user tries to make an unauthorized change to the operating system, the UAC prompts appear. It then requests admin credentials and prevents any further activity. You can disable the UAC by following the steps outlined below:
- Select Control Panel from the Start menu.
- In the next window, select User Accounts once more.
- Continue after clicking Change User Account Control Settings.
- Turn the slider to the Never Notify option and click the OK button.
- Restart your computer and try downloading the updates again.
Solution 5: Verify Data Utility can be used to check for file corruption
If your data file contains damaged or corrupted files, QuickBooks will have difficulty opening it. To be certain, follow the steps outlined below to inspect the company file for damage:
- Navigate to QuickBooks and select Utilities from the File menu.
- After scanning the company file, select the Verify Data option, and if the results show that there are problems in the file, you must use the Rebuild Data option.
- Return to the File menu and select Utilities from the drop-down menu.
- When prompted to backup your data, select Rebuild Data and click OK.
- Finally, when the message “Rebuild has completed” appears, click OK.
- Also, check the data again to see if the damage has been completely repaired.
Solution 6: In Safe Mode, download the Payroll Update
If another program is preventing the payroll update from being downloaded, follow the steps below to download the updates in safe mode:
- Exit QuickBooks and turn off your computer system.
- Restart it while holding down the Shift key and clicking on the Power icon.
- After the computer has restarted, go to the Choose an Option screen and select Troubleshoot.
- Select Startup Settings from the Advanced menu.
- Select Restart, and then, after the computer has restarted, select the fifth option from the list.
- Download the payroll update once the computer has booted into Safe Mode.
- If the download was successful, restart the computer in Normal Mode and download the update once more.
To summarize, we have concluded a comprehensive guide on Quickbooks error ps033. In case the problem persists after implementing the above solutions, you can connect with the concerned team for further assistance.
Very useful content for QuickBooks errors. Good Job.
Proper grasp of the subject is an essential part of academics and without that you won’t be able to do your Assignment Expert in the correct manner which will ultimately lead to the degrading of marks in your academics and that is not acceptable at all.